[lbo-talk] The Battle of Cyprus (Ellen Brown)

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 10:15:44 PDT 2013

I seem to specialize in naive questions---just a poor member of the "cultural class" with no expertise in the matters at hand. I wasn't

shocked to hear that banks view depositors as creditors, which is pretty obvious even to me (and I know enough to distrust anyone who names a book *The Shocking Truth About...*). But isn't a savings deposit the same sort of liability to a bank as parts or raw materials are to a manufacturer? In other words, a liability but one you can't do business without. I understand that bankers might lose sight of this from their vantage on the commanding heights, but can they escape it? (Maybe evading it is all they need to do?)