[lbo-talk] Query on Katrina vanden Heuvel

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 07:57:16 PDT 2013

Michael S: "the Thirties and Forties -- the rise of Fascism and the second world war -- constitute a kind of intellectual straitjacket"

[WS] Point taken, so let me rephrase my original argument. Criticism of Democrats by certain segments of the US left smack of mental rigidity of the "my way or highway" variety. I consider this attitude rather counterproductive and in certain circumstances working to the advantage of people I consider my political enemies. I have seen many constructive arrangements wrecked by people with those attitudes. What is more, I really cannot stand people who push their point of view and are unwilling or unable to take other opinions into consideration other than treating them as punching boys or straw men. This attitude rubs me the wrong way, so this is the reason I react to it.

-- Wojtek