[lbo-talk] HB

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:50:52 PDT 2013

Joanna: "I so don't understand the appeal of Twitter."

[WS:] I think I understand it, but I do not find it very appealing. It is all about "following" - especially of celebrity figures. This is what groupies do - they religiously follow celebrities and catch glimpses of their lives. Twitter provides ample and easily accessible supply of those.

Other than that, it is just glorified texting.

I do not find it very appealing because it is very difficult to say anything of substance or track a conversation, and I sincerely detest the celebrity culture.

Wojtek