[lbo-talk] HB

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 05:33:38 PDT 2013

Good stuff, and I would add one more thing that I have been (perhaps mistakenly?) arguing for a while: if anything, the pressure should be applied in an opposite direction. Those who use Twitter should have to prove anything, but rather, those who do not (and here I mean the spectrum of Twitter, FB, etc) should reconsider their decision to opt out of a technology that is becoming an important method of communicating/exchanging/spreading news, opinion, propaganda, memes, etc.

I am not coming down hard on my friend Joanna or others here :-)… or rather I am exaggerating my argument above for [attempted] humour. I understand we all have our styles and not everyone is into posting random shit to social networks as I am, and that despite Arab Spring and what not, social networks aren’t going to be at the helm of revolution (see my Tweet regarding that :-)).

—ravi

^^^^^^^ CB: I'd say facebook is a central communication network in extending the _reform_ ( not revolutionary) struggle which has come out of Occupy Wall Street. Many of the Occupations around the country still exist and are in touch with each other on facebook pages. Occupy Wall Street had a big impact on the 2012 elections.