[lbo-talk] commit no evil, because evil is too expensive?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue May 7 04:05:57 PDT 2013

I don't think the audience is really conservatives. Generally, they aren't going to listen to an opponent. Rather, the audience is liberals who like to hear him (and anyone else) humiliate conservatives with these kinds of arguments (even though, as you point out, it never convinces cons).

The other audience are the moderates and middle of the roaders. It's a keyphrase fed to people who sorta kinda keep up with the news and like to talk politics, but not *too* deeply. Makes everybody feel like someone is calling these turkeys on their crap. Doesn't matter if it is effective at changing conservatives' minds.