[lbo-talk] FW: stupidity is most dangerous in people with high IQ

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 10:22:20 PDT 2013

CB: "I'm for developing a measure of social intelligence: ability to get along with other people. That is the most important "smarts" one can have."

[WS:] No doubt, and such measures have been developed see for example http://www.unh.edu/emotional_intelligence/ei%20Measuring%20EI/eiMeasure%20How%20do%20you.htm

But what useful purpose would such a measure serve? Currently most measurements and mismeasurements of humanity serve the purpose of creating social hierarchies and justifications for social exclusion. People who take such tests in fact give the administrators and powers that be the means of denying them access to resources - education, employment, benefits etc. And if the test results are not directly used to denying access to resources and social exclusion, they are used in pissing contests of the "my IQ is bigger than your IQ" variety.

If I had my way, I would treat most human testing the way we now treat human trafficking - ban it, period. And send the testers to re-education camps;) The only exception would be diagnostic testing administered solely for the purpose of providing medical or psychiatric services i.e. to open access to the right resource. Anything else - strictly verboten!

-- Wojtek