[lbo-talk] Why is violent crime so rare in Iceland?

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:44:45 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Iceland is awash in guns, yet it has one of the lowest violent crime rates
> in the world. US law student Andrew Clark asks why.

[...]

> [WS:] Again, it is culture of violence, not access to tools of violence
> that matters.

It wouldn't occur to me to suggest that access is the only factor. But if the below is any indication, Iceland isn't exactly an outlier:

http://globalsociology.com/2012/12/15/on-the-guns-thing-i-would-just-like-to-point-out/ http://globalsociology.com/2012/12/16/on-the-guns-thing-part-2/

It's awash with guns -- by a factor of six! -- if you're British.

-- Andy "It's a testament to ketchup that there can be no confusion."