[lbo-talk] There Are No Unskilled Jobs: The Bike Shop

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 07:48:08 PDT 2013

Could not agree more. Deskilling of "manual" jobs aka taylorism was a strategy to control labor. I remember teaching this stuff at Rutgers some 20 years ago, and struggling to get the students interested. They thought it didn't apply to white collar jobs. I tried to tell them they are next, but they laughed. Today I hear that unpaid internship I.e. doing menial white collar jobs for free is virtually a requirement for most college graduates. It is hard not to laugh, even though it is so fucking sad.