[lbo-talk] Looking for a panelist for the Union for Democratic Communications Conference

Jeffrey Masko j.alan.masko at gmail.com
Mon May 20 07:18:53 PDT 2013

My fellow panelists and I are seeking a participant interested in submitting an abstract as part of a larger panel proposal called "Legitimizing Revolution: The Past and Future of Resistance" for the Union for Democratic Communication conference in SF this coming October. The theme is "The Point is to Change It: Media Democracy and Democratic Media in Action" and our panel will discuss the ways in which we historically have conceptualized and currently are defining how we think about and discuss revolution. Currently, we have three panelists and are seeking one more person who may be interested in this topic. Two of our panelists will be discussing how we have to re-conceptualize old ways of thinking about revolution (within different contexts), and the other will be addressing historical narratives about identity politics and class struggle within the Caribbean context to underscore how intersectionality continues to play a role in facilitating and limiting class struggle.

While many may not personally be interested, you may have students or know other scholars who would benefit from participating so please forward this to them or repost it to appropriate sites. Time is an issue so if you or anyone you know are interested please respond promptly as our submission date is not far off (June 1st). Please contact our chair, Cristina Mislan, Pennsylvania State University, *cum192 at psu.edu* or myself for more information or to submit.

Here's a link to the UDC site: http://www.democraticcommunications.net/home for more information about the organization and conference.

-- J.A. Masko College of Communications Penn State University State College, Pa 16801