[lbo-talk] Iraq war (was: stupidity is most dangerous in people with high IQ)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon May 20 09:58:59 PDT 2013

> But the specific issue raised by Carrol, which I chose to address, was
whether
> the LAND WAR IN IRAQ was a success or not. Measured in terms of the
***Bush
> administration's objectives*** - a swift and relatively bloodless
invasion. . . .

This nicely illustrates why I said we perhaps had no common ground on which to debate. You are claiming the capacity for reading minds.

A quick and bloodless victory has been the pre-war label for almost every war in history. No rational discussion can be held on this premise.

Carrol