[lbo-talk] Apple CEO rejects 'tax evasion' charges

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 21:41:56 PDT 2013

That's always what corporate lawyers have been paid for. Cornelius Vanderbilt is said to have told his lawyers with some exasperation, "I don't pay you tell me what the law is. I pay you to tell me how to get around it."

At the same time, judges are busy, overworked, 300 cases on the docket or more, and have little patience for cleverness. They will look at the controlling statute, case, or contract, and if the key language is clear, they'll say, that's what it says. So ordered, next case.

Sent from my iPad