[lbo-talk] Revolutionary Movements & Parties

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 06:52:34 PDT 2013

"Revolutionary" parties _can_, of course, play the same role. I have suggested that the Party we need will be much like the SPD of Kautsky, Luxemburg, Bernstein, et al. That was a revolutionary party, but it also was a place for the likes of Bernstein. Probably, as I've suggested before (following an argument of Andre Gorz) that a mass working-class movement has to achieve most of its goals within about a 5-year framework, and then (for reasons Charles Post has outlined) tends to subside.

Carrol

^^^^ CB: Ok , however, the German SPD did not achieve revolutionary goals, so why is it an example of a "revolutionary" party ?