[lbo-talk] A short soliloquy on freedom and fishing

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 06:49:22 PST 2013

Kant is not interested in explaining our lived experience of time in the way that, e.g.g., William James would have been. Or EP Thompson in his great essay on time and work discipline. He is interested in the trans central conditions for the possibility of experience, and these include, according to him, the synthetic a priori and necessary truth (Kant thought that all a Priori truths were necessary, which is probably a mistake, even is if there are any a priori truths) that all experience is temporally organized, occurs in time, involves the temporal ordering of what he called intuitions, roughly, sensations. He might have conceded Carrol's point, but would have regarded it as a contingent truth about empirical psychology and history. It is, howerver, precisely the sort of thing that interests William Hames -- as a psychologist.

Sent from my iPad