[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Nov 12 08:55:06 PST 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> fascism is an analytically useful term.

I disagree totally. There is no agreed definition of the term--on the contrary, there are as many definitions as there are definers--and usages of the term, like cb's and wojtek's application to the "tea party" (another quite variously defined term), or my usage in reference to the Saudi despots and their Al Nusra et. al. fronts, are entirely comminative, aimed at expressing the desire for total obliteration of its target but without any defined descriptive content.

Shane Mage " No obstacles to the agendas of these slow-thighed beasts. Blithering chimps, in razor-sharp suits, with razor-sharp lines, pimped and crimped by spin doctors and speech-writers. The feeling that you aren’t being heard or seen or represented isn’t psychosis; it’s government policy." (Russel Brand)