[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:14:18 PST 2013

Joanna: "Trotsky and Lenin were keenly aware of this, and a good deal of organizing went on to make sure that they would have the support of the military."

[WS:] My point exactly. Whether they called themselves "Marxist" is irrelevant to my argument which pertains to Marxist theory explaining historical event purely in terms of broadly defined classes.

To use an example - if I believe that astrological signs influence world events, and pursuant to those beliefs I start mobilizing people in the military who were born under certain astrological signs and those people eventually back me up and support my revolutionary effort and defeat my enemies - does this vindicate my original belief linking astrological signs to a successful revolutionary outcome? I don't think so.

-- Wojtek