[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 14 15:17:55 PST 2013

On Nov 14, 2013, at 5:36 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:
> ... the state under mature capitalism is not the instrument by which
> the capitalist class rule. The instruments of class rule under
> capitalism are economic...

This might just be the mother of all muddles. The economic instruments of class rule are all directly functions of the capitalist state--the people chosen from among the bourgeoisie who make up the central bank, the judiciary, the regulatory authorities, the taxation system, the repressive apparatus, etc., without which the working class, by strikes, sabotage, work-to-rule, secondary boycotts, picketing, union organizing, etc., would make the employers' "right" to hire and fire as empty as is, under capitalist rule, the working class electorate's "right" to choose its rulers.

Shane Mage

"L'après-vie, c'est une auberge espagnole. L'on n'y trouve que ce qu'on a apporté."

Bardo Thodol