[lbo-talk] Reminder NYC: Bill Ayers benefit for WBAI Radio MONDAY, 1:15 pm with Rachel Laforest & Mitchel Cohen

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 16 22:38:34 PST 2013

Please Forward!

The "Center for Remembering and Sharing" -- http://www.crsny.org/blog/2894 -- invites you to participate in a lunchtime conversation and radio show with Weather Underground activist, author and educator Bill Ayers, live and in person, WBAI's Mitchel Cohen (Mitchel hosts "Steal This Radio!" on NYTalkRadio.net), and "Right to the City" executive director Rachel Laforest.

All in a benefit for WBAI listener-sponsored, free-speech, commercial-free, anti-war radio (99.5 FM in NYC), on

Monday, November 18 at 1:15 pm 123 4th Ave., 2nd floor, Manhattan (on top of Think Coffee, 2 blocks south of Union Square near 12th St.).

Mitchel's and Bill's new books will be available. What do we mean by radical consciousness, direct action, and their relevance for organizing today? Is revolution possible in our lifetime?

Here's a video blurb from Bill Ayers' publisher: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoomMUMJfg>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoomMUMJfg

Tickets are $15, sliding scale. No one turned away if you can't afford it -- pay what you can.

You can buy your ticket beforehand at www.wbai.org to reserve your seat.

And if you'd like to volunteer for this event or WBAI in general, please contact VOLUNTEER at WBAI.org