[lbo-talk] Bruce Bartlett: " I think it is only a matter of time before the Tea Party morphs into unapologetic fascism"

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 12:19:44 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> The reality is that the world has moved over to FaceBook. There are
> advantages....more people. There are disadvantages: not searchable.
>
> It's true that the format isn't friendly to longer posts, but most posts
> to LBO were Face Book sized anyway.
>
> I keep posting to LBO....you?

What interesting in depth material I have to post I mostly post here. Most of what I see on FB is kind of obvious to this audience, or is a product of moralistic populist outrage that y'all would find tiresome. I'll often see or post things on FB, but the level of discussion, at least among my social circle, usually isn't as sophisticated as on LBO or Doug's FB feed. I'd post to Doug's but I think you need to be a "friend" and there seems to be a limit (FB's) on those.

I mostly use FB to keep up with geographically distant friends and acquaintances. For pointless banter it's great. I mean that in a good way.

As one of the plaintiffs who complained about the level of discourse, I gotta say K's contributions have been uniformly thoughtful since then. It gives me hope about the universe. Most comment forums out there on the net are as bad as Woj complains, and this is still usually a bright spot.

-- Andy "It's a testament to ketchup that there can be no confusion."