[lbo-talk] tipping and control

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:00:46 PST 2013

I think it's easier to just sum this up in simple terms. The repugnant establishment thinks they are entitled to rule the US government the way they did under Bush. They reject the idea that they are being forced out of power by just counting votes. Someone or something has taken power from them, which they own and have a birthright to exercise.

This is something of the emotive ground plane for fascism. Called it the stolen birthright syndrome. How can the absolute iconic American Identity, not be in control of the fate of America? How is that possible?

Something is wrong with this development. It is a fundamental travesty of nature. Something truly evil is to blame. We have to find it and crush it where ever it appears. The waitress with blue hair and boyish manner. The latino and asian immigrants in the kitchen. The black kid in a hoodlum outfit. The disease takes on all sorts of forms. Each must be confronted and vanquished.

We must restore America to its proper place.

This scenerio and its stolen birthright syndrome is dangerous. It has just enough `truth' to make it sound tenable in some sense. The owners of America, that is the financial giants have found it useful for obscuring their own criminal conduct. It has been useful to push the idea that government is the problem, that is part of the disease that plagues America and prevents the restoration, but event that track is getting harder to push.

As long as fear and hate can be manufactured, at least the overall discourse about solving obvious problems can be blunted and steered away from the owner class.

While I agree that being obsessed with the Right is unhelpful, it is also foolish to ignore them. Each defeat has turned them more and more into a hatefilled menance.

CG