[lbo-talk] Theory and practice

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Nov 21 15:59:03 PST 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:12:21 -0500 shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> Also? The project used agile, not waterfall. The culture of DC
> contracting companies and in the healthcare space in particular, is
> agile.

I am so glad to hear that. Agile is the stupidest, nastiest cult since the Hare Krishnas.

I work in an 'agile' shop these days, and it's Hatlo's Inferno: a Taylorized nightmare where the developer gets punished for not being a mind-reader. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.

It produces crummy code, too. All written to fool the unit tests.

-- mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org

The reciprocal civility of authors is one of the most risible scenes in the farce of life. -- Sam J