[lbo-talk] Most Americans, including John Kerry, continue to believe Kennedy was victim of a conspiracy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 21 17:58:06 PST 2013

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:20 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Most Americans, including John Kerry, continue to believe Kennedy was victim of a conspiracy

On Nov 21, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

> Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but why does anybody
> *care* who killed Kennedy?

Sport. He was a total scumbag, I agree.

--------

Indeed. But come to think of it, his inaugural address was a beautiful example of theory emerging from practice. It raised The Cold War waged by Truman & Eisenhower to the level of Theory.

There's a fine poem by a Palestinian poet whose name I forget just now with the line:

Where should we go after the last frontier.

A perfect encapsulation of Kennedy's Declaration of War on the "Third World."

Carrol