[lbo-talk] Blog Post. The Road Beckons: Excerpt from Cheap Motels and a Hot Plate

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Tue Oct 1 16:01:23 PDT 2013

Andy asks what I would retract from the book, Cheap Motels and a Hot Plate. Maybe retract wasn't a good word to use. If I did the book over again, I would:

Learn more about agriculture. What I said about it could have used more in-depth knowledge on my part.

Be more of a catastrophist concerning the environment. After the book was published, we saw a lot more devastation than we had seen before it was published. We are in a world of trouble environmentally. It is a catastrophe and should be called one.

Be even more critical of a certain type of urban radical intellectual than I was.