[lbo-talk] Blog Post. The Road Beckons: Excerpt from Cheap Motels and a Hot Plate

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 05:09:38 PDT 2013

>> millions of people who don't live in urban areas can be safely ignored
>
> I'm sure you realize that far more of the population lives in urban areas than don't, yet the non-urbans are still considered more authentic, and not just by Sarah Palin.
>
> Doug

CB: Electorally, I'm guessing rural voices as votes have a bigger weight because the sparsely populated large areas are over represented in both federal and state Senatorial elections; their individual votes have more weight. It isn't one-person-one vote. One rural vote has the same weight as multiple urban votes.

So, the urban radical may be ignoring the rural voices, but the state power is not.