[lbo-talk] The latest Republican offer is that they will allow the government to reopen, if...

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 6 18:50:25 PDT 2013

Marv writes:

"That is probable, but not certain. As Wojtek writes, and as I've written on previous occasions, the collapse of the Soviet Union and swift transformation of China in our lifetime demonstrates how abrupt and unexpected historic change can be. We're not oracles who can divine the future and it is best to eschew sweeping predictions, a habit which has historically had deleterious effects on the far left's credibility."

Yes, but both Russia and China were counter revolutions.

Joanna