[lbo-talk] Doug, on Salon

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Sat Oct 12 17:33:53 PDT 2013

On 13/10/2013, at 11:22 AM, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

>> I wonder whether it might not be taking it a bit too far to
>> suggest that what he calls "rentier" capitalism could be a stable
>> economic system?
>
> Has there ever been such a thing as a 'stable economic system'?

I stand corrected. "Viable" economic system then.

You know us old codgers tend to waffle on, it doesn't do to correct us unnecessarily you know, it just prompts us to start another meandering rant. Which reminds me, I never got around to making the point that I was coming to in that post, that this whole copyright trend is merely a modern expression of monopoly capitalism.

I noticed my error soon after posting it, but thought "oh well, I guess that is clearly implied." But your quibble over the slightly inappropriate use of the word "stable", suggests to me that there might be a need to be more explicit.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas