[lbo-talk] Looking for a sailing poem

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 21:50:11 PDT 2013

> Surprised there are so few poems of sailing and the sea. You'd think it
> would be a natural - chicken and garlic; the sea and a poem.

I think it's a matter of matching forms and their ability to scale. The ocean is a vast topic that almost demands epic means, say the concept of lyrical instead of poetic construction. Primordial forces of nature don't compact down easily into a miniture frame. I am aware that poetry can get up to that scale, but that's kind of lost art.

Well, its a theory anyway.

CG