[lbo-talk] Profits and Productivity, was Doug on Salon

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 10:25:41 PDT 2013

Joanna: "You are conflating "owners of capital" with "capitalists."

[WS:] I do not - see my reply to Barry Brooks. It is the control of capital that matters, and in the US that control is for the most part in the hands of the managerial class who are technically employees hired by capital owners to manage their property. Besides, I was arguing against the notion that only those socially identified as "labor" create value - as marxism seems to suggest - but those who manage investments also create it. Other than that, I have the same aversion to capitalist money grubbers as human beings as you do.

-- Wojtek