[lbo-talk] "Governments should exist to protect people, not institutions." Conservative John Major

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 11:04:09 PDT 2013

Marv Gandall wrote:

>> Wow, is John Major becoming the British Bruce Bartlett ?
>
> Yes, in the sense that both a) are no longer constrained by being in government and subject to pressure from the energy and other business sectors, and b) are convinced that the Republican and Conservative parties which they loyally served have moved too far to the right and are losing the electorally decisive "moderate centre" to the Democrats and Labour as the condition of the US and British working class worsens.

^^^^^^^^^^ CB: Your assessment makes sense to me Marv. I think , also there is a possibility that the backlash against the fascistic tea Republicans could swing further left than "moderate centre". The negation of the tea Republican positions is not a centre position , but a left position. Bartlett now holds positions that are left, not moderate centre.

The objective dynamics may do some of the left's work for it. The wall is crumbling some without anyone pushing it, without lefts leading the struggle