[lbo-talk] Crisis or New Normal

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:45:11 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-28, at 4:24 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Ccox wrote: The problem is not the Republicans, or even the vicious policies
> of the Obama Administration, but capitalism.
>
> This makes _no_ statement whatever in respect to agitation and struggle...I was utterly baffled by Marv's response to
> Michael Yates's post…I wish Marv could explain to me
> how it bears in any way on the theoretical propositions I advanced in my
> initial post.

I wasn't commenting on your statement above, but on Mike Yates' noting with approval your statement last week "that a real left, when it came into existence, would (among other things) demand that the Prison System be abolished...Well, most activists now are close to demanding that, and I suspect that it would be attractive to about 5% of the population."

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20131021/003066.html

My reply to Michael (and, by extension, yourself) is here:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20131021/003085.html

I can see why you'd find my response baffling if you thought it was in relation to your more general statement about capitalism.