[lbo-talk] Suspicious silence

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Sep 6 11:36:33 PDT 2013

Wojtek writes:

> I see no reason why [Congress] should [vote to bomb Syria].

Because their paymasters are expecting it?

Boehner, Cantor, Reid and Pelosi are all for it. Why shouldn't "it" (subject to LOTS of horsetrading, of course) go through?

> As far as public opinion is concerned, most polls
> I've seen show strong opposition, but that of course does not mean
> much.

Yes, all the junior folks in Congress will vote no.

> In any case, let's wait and see what happens.

Indeed. I think it's downright hilarious that McConnell is wavering because he needs Rand Paul's help to get re-elected and Rand is, of course, against it. Watching that happen is probably worth the price of admission for Obama :-)

/jordan