[lbo-talk] Antiwar song on CounterPunch

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 05:46:15 PDT 2013

RE: "I ain't gonna fight Obama's wars no more"

[WS:] Funny but misguided. I have to say that Obama deserves a big credit for pausing and reconsidering his position in light of changing circumstances. This certainly requires more wisdom and courage than foolish pride and standing one's ground, warmongering crowds notwithstanding. As Sun Tzu observed, victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. By refusing, at the last moment, to go into the war first Obama showed great wisdom and courage indeed, certainly greater than his predecessor did.

-- Wojtek