[lbo-talk] David Swanson: we've proved that we can stop wars

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Sep 16 07:42:37 PDT 2013

Preach it, David, preach it!

[...] "The point is that those who nonsensically proclaim that stopping wars is impossible cannot get away with saying that anymore.

You know the types. They show up at meetings, wait for the question-and-answer period, and then give a speech on how everything is utterly hopeless. Those speeches should be laughed away within the first five seconds now. And the many, many people who had begun ever so slightly to take that defeatist nonsense seriously can now be relieved of that weight. The danger now is not of being a sucker who proclaimed good news just before a genocide. The danger is of joining in the foolish campaign of the war propagandists by pushing the lie of powerlessness on people just after they prevented a war." [...]

http://michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/admit-it-things-are-going-well

-- Robert Naiman Policy Director Just Foreign Policy www.justforeignpolicy.org naiman at justforeignpolicy.org