[lbo-talk] Steve Horn cuts off his association with Mint Press over Syrian "false flag" story

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 16:37:12 PDT 2013

Steve Horn cuts off his association with Mint Press over Syrian "false flag" story https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr&sfx_switch=true

It is one thing to make an error. I'm also happy when I make a mistake, as long as it does not happen too often, cause it means I will never be expect walk on water or will be in serious danger of crucifixion. It is another to not admit it once you know it is an error. It is a shame Mint Press, which put out some good stories, won't back off on something that has now been proven pretty conclusively false, not only by withdrawal of one of the people who they listed as author (who claims never to have been an author in the first place) but by the UN report which contains details that contradict that story. Kudos to Steve Horn who initially believed it, for

taking appropriate action once he found out he was wrong.

Although I expressed skepticism when I first linked to it, I also gave it more credence than I should have - that is I treated it as something with say a 1/5th chance of being true, rather than as simply being nonsense. -- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Solving the Climate Crisis web page: SolvingTheClimateCrisis.com Grist Blog: http://grist.org/author/gar-lipow/ Online technical reference: http://www.nohairshirts.com