[lbo-talk] hi from RM

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 20:03:36 PDT 2013

Good critique - one quibble, caveat? I think you are right about decadence, but Adam Smith long ago said "Great nations have a lot of ruin in them." If I remember the context correctly, I think that means a great nation or empire can make self-destructive short sighted decisions for a long time before it actually loses power. .