[lbo-talk] Steve Horn cuts off his association with Mint Press over Syrian "false flag" story

Maladvocate maladvocate at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:53:24 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Gar Lipow <gar.lipow at gmail.com> forwarded:

> >Steve Horn, an investigative reporter based in Madison, Wis., said in an
> e-mail that he has decided to cut ties to the news site as a result of Ms.
> Gavlak’s objections to how her name was used.
>
> >“I departed because I feel I was misled about the credibility of the
> article — which I trusted largely because Dale’s name was on it — and
> because of that, I no longer feel it’s a credible outlet. Frankly, I’m not
> sure it ever was.”

I'm sure that AP has a mechanism for correcting the misattribution of stories to authors that does not involve the author playing an innocence-abused routine on the world's stage. Unlike the Saudi Arabian intelligence services.

That the Saudi intelligence services have threatened Ms. Gavlak is all over the news, arriving at the most probable conclusion as regards her distancing herself from the story is trivial.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/journalist-who-exposed-how-rebels-were-behind-august-21st-syria-chemical-weapons-attack-faces-intimidation/5351168

Horn is either actively involved in the distancing - which calls his future credibility into question or would appear to be more gullible than the usual newsmonger - which calls his future credibility into question as well but for entirely different reasons.