[lbo-talk] Secrets...

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 27 09:54:07 PDT 2013

Yes. I misunderstood. thanks for the clarification.

----- Original Message ----- There is a terrible problem with one-time pad: producing the key. And with most methods of encipherment using key you need two characters in the key for one in the plaintext. And the key has to be random: it can't be produced by computer. And then you need to get the key into the hands of both ends of the communication. And of course, the key books have to be protected (including properly destroyed after use.) The whole procedure is very messy and using it can become a real nightmare.

(Joanna may have misunderstood what "one-time" means in the phrase "one-time pad."????)

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of JOANNA A. Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 1:21 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Secrets...

I don't know why you insist it was one time. No, this went on for at least a year or so.