[lbo-talk] Query: What does it mean for an Economy to 'work'?

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:56:24 PDT 2013

If the new payroll software issued the guys in the mailroom bigger paychecks than the CEO, you can be sure that the IT person's defense that the software was working fine---because "it's issuing checks, which *when viewed in abstraction *is all that it's designed to do"---would not keep her from being fired.