[lbo-talk] hi from RM

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 27 20:16:36 PDT 2013

When I returned from RM I was confronted with a computer crash, and am still having problems. I'm interested in what Doug has to say about decadence (or its absence), but that web site is one of the worst I've seen for the visually challenged. Jan is currently busy, but I plan to have her recover the article for me.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:16 AM To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] hi from RM

Hello from the Rethinking Marxism conference, which I'm about to leave. Two things:

1) I wrote a little critique of American decadence: http://lbo-news.com/2013/09/20/on-panitch-gindin-and-american-decline/.

2) I ran into Carrol Cox and his wife Janice last night at the RM cash bar (which was rather underattended - don't Marxists drink like Marx anymore?). What a pleasant surprise. It's striking what an amiable guy Carrol is in person, in contrast to his occasionally curmudgeonly demeanor online. Anyway, just wanted to say it's good to have him as a comrade and sparring partner, despite the virtual fireworks now & then. (Janice, as far as I know, is always amiable.)