[lbo-talk] Curt Guyette on Wall Street Dictators over Michigan cities.

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:17:50 PDT 2014

http://www.aclumich.org/democracywatch/

Curt Guyette

5 hrs

Big day. So yes, the Metro Times has put my story about what was going on behind the scenes in the run-up to Detroit's bankruptcy on its cover. My work here at the ACLU is funded by a grant from the Ford Foundation, and part of the challenge is finding ways to disseminate what I write. The Metro Times stepped up big time by putting this story on its cover this week. if ever there's an example of a win-win situation, this is one. What's also exciting is the ACLU of Michigan has just launched a web site that will allow all my work regarding Emergency Management and Open government to appear in one place. You can check out the web site here: Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Although it is certainly gratifying being back in the Metro Times, what's really important here isn't that I'm back, but rather the story itself. I think it puts together a lot of evidence in a way that hadn't been done before. So I'd really encourage people to read it, and to also check out a new ACLU of Michigan web site that will feature the work I'm doing in writing about Emergency Management and Open Government. Here's a link to that site: http://www.aclumich.org/democracywatch/ Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and kind words. At this point though, what's important is not what's gong on with me, but the story itself. Although not an earth-shaker, I do think it lays things out in a way that hasn't been done before, and I would encourage people to check it out.