[lbo-talk] Off the deep end in Egypt

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:13:29 PDT 2014

A silly (and quite destructive) dismissal, precluding a just appraisal of one of the most important 20th century poets in English - who was hardly above criticism.

A more just appraisal from the late American poet Bill Knott:

POEM

well alright I grant you he was a fascist ahem antisemitism the er war and all I’m not defending them but at least you’ve got to admit at least he made the quatrains run on time

--CGE