[lbo-talk] Marx and Engels On Literature and Art

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 23 20:10:20 PDT 2014

If I recall correctly, the rule of thumb (at one time) was that probably a word had been in oral circulation at least 35 years before its first appearance in the OED. Can't remember the source of this: I could be making it up.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of JOANNA A. Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:31 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Marx and Engels On Literature and Art

According to my buddy at OUP, they do phrases too.

Joanna