[lbo-talk] Joan Robin's "Economic Philosophy", and Karl Popper

Eubulides autoplectic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:55:16 PDT 2014

> From: farmelantj at juno.com

> Robinson, on the other hand, seems to have thought that we could retain all that worth retaining in Marx without having to hold on to metaphysical theories like this. Not unlike her contemporary, Oskar Lange, she believed that Marx's theory of exploitation could be restated without making use of the labor theory of value.

As indeed it can.

She was clearly swept up in the ordinary language thinking prized in England after WW2. It would be of minor historical interest if she ever watched Sraffa and Wittgenstein squabble.

The anti-Hegelian movement in England had been in full swing by the time she wrote that book and her book on Marx. Now there's a smattering of anti-anti-Hegelian thinkers doing some interesting stuff which will surely inspire an anti-anti-anti-Hegelian movement.

E.