[lbo-talk] Fwd: URGENT: Humanitarian Aid in Gaza

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:00:44 PDT 2014

I don't encourage anyone to prioritize humanitarian aid over political action, but if someone in the United States wants a recipient in Palestine for their tax-deductible donations, I suggest this one.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Daniele Kohn <daniele.kohn at gmail.com> Date: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:38 PM Subject: URGENT: Humanitarian Aid in Gaza To:

Please share.

[image: Alliance for Global Justice] <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mY91XTXl58gXt43f89PHnstlLdVFGXHD> Dear Friends,

We have all felt it—that feeling of shock and, yes, helplessness as we see from afar the terrible situation unfoldingin Gaza. Civilians have been attacked, injured, and killed in great numbers. Schools, Hospitals, Mosques and Homes have been reduced to rubble. People are suffering.... Perhaps most distressing of all is the knowledge that over half of Gaza's medical infrastructure has been destroyed. Anyone with a conscience is left asking—what can I do?

*There is something we can do:* Give to* <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ctkpz%2FZfVdDhYxKiG1JrTMtlLdVFGXHD> Friends of the Palestine Red Crescent Society <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=EPlfsKhxVs9dw3MpcCaR3ctlLdVFGXHD>.*

In the spirit of solidarity work, and in response to the heartbreaking situation in Gaza, the Alliance for Global Justice is launching *“Friends of the Palestine Red Crescent Society” *a project intended to fundraise for Medical and Humanitarian Aide to Palestine from the United States. Many local organizations or institutions doing good work are blacklisted, and we wanted to provide a clear, legal, tax deductible way for folks in the US to make a donation to humanitarian aid in Palestine.

We formed Friends of the Palestine Red Crescent Society because of our anguish at witnessing the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. We could find few US organization through which people of good will could make tax-deductible donations for medical aid to the Palestinian victims of this war. So we decided to create a conduit ourselves. Due to US legal restrictions on individual and organizational aid to Palestine, including Gaza, we decided that we would channel contributions to the Palestine Red Crescent Society <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XKw8efH9qw6rf%2FeWWoFWTauhw4u66YpM>, which as an affiliate of the International Red Cross/Red Crescent, is safe from US legal proscriptions on humanitarian aid. *The situation is dire, and the need is high: Please support Friends of the Palestine Red Crescent. *

Please visit the Friends of the Palestine Red Crescent <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PHZBIgE4LMth14nat4Po3ctlLdVFGXHD> and follow us on social media Facebook <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bnujqzVLhtWCAP8d1%2FAKGMtlLdVFGXHD> and Twitter. <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UmbAhHpq9zDz8yhDS6GhrstlLdVFGXHD> <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=w0WaZ7OqmpzcwEnp%2F6DecMtlLdVFGXHD>

You are subscribed to Alliance for Global Justice's email list. [image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>