[lbo-talk] Glen Ford on Syria

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 15:12:42 PDT 2014

Yes. I am not an expert on Syria, but I defer to the citizen journalists and civilian activists, folks like Razan Ghazzawi (http://razanghazzawi.org/) and Amal Hanano (pen name of Lina Attar: https://twitter.com/AmalHanano), and figures such as Michael Kilo. They say Assad's Alawite regime is dying, and that the Daesh (ISIS) have no foothold in Deraa or Qunaitra in the south, nor in Idlib in the north. Also, the Kurds in Rojava (northeast Syria) have been fighting the Daesh tooth and nail. Here are the brave Kurdish female fighters of the YPG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCODxq8diI

All is not lost, and Syria is not necessarily condemned to be a charnel-house of rival ethnic fascisms.

-- DRR