[lbo-talk] Against Neoliberalismby Michael Dawson, former LBO-ta lk list member

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Dec 1 06:15:07 PST 2014

Arguably, most of the US population was petit bourgeois through the end of the 19th century.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant http://www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Charles Brown <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Against “Neoliberalism”by Michael Dawson, former LBO-talk list member Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 07:06:28 -0500

Americans have had an unusually large mass of people with petit bourgeois personality or embued with the "entrepreneurial spirit" since the start. See the last chapter of _Capital_. Many many farmers who have small plots of land, own their means of production, and are petty producers, potential capitalists.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/ch33.htm