[lbo-talk] Check your privilege: Rise of the Post-New Left political vocabulary

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:49:59 PST 2014

I quite agree. It's principally linguistic corruption brought on by American liberalism's abandonment of class politics in favor of identity politics.

"...my account of the post-1990 activist vocabulary ... will be immediately recognizable, I think, to anyone familiar with the work of Tim Wise, Peggy McIntosh, Melissa Harris-Perry (recently described in The Atlantic as the USA's foremost public intellectual)..."

Babbling nonsense, indeed. --CGE