[lbo-talk] take home quiz

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:00:11 PST 2014

On 2014-02-18, at 7:35 AM, Charles Brown wrote:

> John Gulick wrote:
>> The Age of Obama has driven all of us mad, each of us in our way.
>
> ^^^^^^
>
> CB: Well, not all of us. Certainly has driven the Republicans mad.

Also very many of his activists and supporters who wanted him to use the popular support and momentum of the 2008 election to pass tougher financial regulations and hold the top banksters responsible for the crisis accountible; to spend substantially more on direct job creation programs to repair decaying infrastructure, develop new technologies, and expand social services; to implement single payer health care; to legislate stronger environmental protection; to provide debt relief for struggling homeowners and students; to strengthen the right to form and join trade unions; to reverse the Bush assault on civil liberties; to stop the inhumane practice of deporting and breaking up immigrant families, and to end America's multiple small imperialist wars abroad. No doubt I've omitted other policies which have driven his left liberal base mad. :)