[lbo-talk] Caudwell on on language's inability to reflect the changing nature of reality

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Jan 8 06:54:05 PST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 7:43 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> More to the point, how do we know that language is out of touch with
> reality?

Excellent questions, especially considering that "reality" is a word and thus for "language" not to be in touch with "reality" would imply that the words making up the language are not in touch with one another (which, however, is effectively the case with undefined terms).

>> How does language get out of touch with reality?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64