[lbo-talk] Caudwell on on language's inability to reflect the...

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 08:33:05 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Arthur Maisel <arthurmaisel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I knew there was something specious about the molecular argument (all new
> molecules = all new person), but I only just thought of a good analogy.
> Every four years we get a new President; every two and eighteen,
> respectively, we can have an entirely new House and Senate. Anyone here
> want to say that we would have an entirely new government once those sweeps
> were completed?
>
> Of course the government analogy is actually much fuzzier than the
> molecular person argument, because when you get a new molecule of some
> amino acid in your liver, it is presumably identical to the old one,
> whereas a new senator is only substantially the same---given the tolerances
> of the system---but naturally not identical.

^^^^^^^^ CB: I agree with you on the molecular change. I just kind of put it out. The relationship between the new molecules is the same pretty much. , Aging of the individual . like a baby who can't walk or talk then a toddler than a child then teen etc. to old age is a little better.one.

I kind of feel like change over in personnel of government can be a better example of change. Maybe not in consecutive terms as much. But from FDR to Reagan , yes. or LBJ to Reagan.