[lbo-talk] Libertarianism and Anarchism

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:14:13 PST 2014

On 2014-01-15, at 12:05 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:
> Note the writer (correctly) attributes the rise of right-wing
> populism to the refusal of the Obama administration to utilize the
> state to relieve the effects of the economic crisis in the manner of
> its New Deal predecessor in the 30's:
>
> ^^^^^
> CB: No it's total , ultra-left , incorrect bullshit to blame the Obama
> administration for the rise of libertarian fascism , which fascism I
> have been warning about for years while you have been denying it. In
> the American context this fascism is especially rooted in anti-Black
> white supremacy, which is targeting Obama especially . So, it is white
> supremacist anti-Obamaism, aided and abetted by ultra-leftists like
> you, that is the motor behind this.
>
> What a scapegoating lie jyou tell, scapegoating Obama by the right
> wingers and scapegoating Obama by you, their junior partner.

The younger libertarians represent a somewhat different constituency than the older racist whites grouped around the tea party. The former are more socially liberal and anti-authoritarian than the latter. The economically and culturally threatened racist whites you describe would undoubtedly form the shock troops of a fascist movement were circumstances to produce one in the US, but we are far from that yet. If you'll consult the archives, you'll note that I've made this point many times before. But my comments today and the article below it were in reference to the libertarians, both in and around and independent of the Republican party.

Try not to rant at me next time.